Today we will discuss Common Netflix Issues or Problems Before that we will share about Netflix.
Netflix is the entertainment media platform that allows us to enjoy all kinds of movies, series and other things with ease. The only requirement is a strong Internet connection and that’s it. Netflix is being used on all types of devices from Android, iOS, iPad, computer, laptop while Apple TV, PS4, Xbox One and other game consoles that can make use of this application to transmit the necessary things.
But everything is bound to face some problems/Issues over time and there could be a time when you will be faced with several types of Netflix problems/issues that will leave you angry if you were in the middle of an important part of a movie. However, each problem/ Issues can be solved by following some steps, so, in case you have a problem while transmitting something from your Netflix application, take a look at the solutions below.
Here are the most common Netflix problems/issues and their solutions for all devices.
- 1 Common Netflix problems and their solutions
- 1.1 Problem 1: Netflix connection problems/issues
- 1.2 Problem 2: Netflix transmission problem/issues
- 1.3 Problem 3: Netflix 1011 and 1012 errors
- 1.4 Problem 4: Netflix 1016 error
- 1.5 Problem 5: Netflix 12001 error
- 1.6 Problem 6: Suspicious login on Netflix
- 1.7 Problem 7: too many users on Netflix
- 1.8 Problem 8: Netflix black screen problem on PC
- 1.9 Problem 9: Netflix problem on Apple TV
- 1.10 Problem 10: Netflix problems on PS4
- 1.11 Problem 11: Xbox One Netflix errors
Common Netflix problems and their solutions
When faced with a problem/issues like Netflix does not load or Netflix error, the first tip is to go to DownDetector and if you find that this service is filled with so many complaints, then this is a Netflix problem that needs corrections on your part.
Problem 1: Netflix connection problems/issues
Many users face the problem/issues of connecting to Netflix, which may be due to an inadequate network connection or other problems/issues. However, to check if it is due to a bad Internet connection, try opening another website on your device. If another website is running correctly, then you must follow the following troubleshooting steps.
- Whichever device you are using, Android, iOS or a computer, restart it first.
- The next task is to switch to Wi-Fi or cellular network in case you are using a mobile device.
- If these fixes do not work for you, restart the Netflix application.
- Finally, uninstall and reinstall the application to see if that modifies your connection to Netflix.
Problem 2: Netflix transmission problem/issues
The transmission problem/issues on Netflix is a very common problem that has bothered many users so far. The problem or issues of streaming indicates that they will face poor quality videos or that it will take too much time to start something. While most of the time this can happen due to the bad connection, there are also other reasons. Therefore, first, perform a speed test to confirm if you have the required SD or HD quality speed.
Restart the device: This problem can occur with any device you are using, Android, iOS, computer or game console, etc. Therefore, the first thing you should do is restart the device you are using.
Restart the router The next task is to restart the router and see if the Netflix problem does not work is resolved. To restart the router, unplug it from the power source, wait 60 seconds, and then plug it in again.
Restart modem: In the same way, unplug the modem, wait a few seconds and reconnect it. Also, do not forget to verify the location of the Wi-Fi router.
Problem 3: Netflix 1011 and 1012 errors
These are the mistakes that Android and iOS users are very familiar with. 1011 and 1012 are specific on mobile devices such as Android and iPhone. If you use one of these devices and have faced these Netflix errors, try the following solutions.
Resetting the Netflix application is the main solution to this problem. However, the process differs from the devices. The process is different in Android and iOS and they are explained here.
Restart Netflix on Android
- If you are using Android, first go to the configuration option from the home screen of your Android device.
- Open the option of the application that will contain the Netflix application as well.
- Select that and touch the clear cache, then erase the data.
- Press OK to confirm the process.
- Now try using the Netflix application again.
Restart Netflix on iOS
- If you are using an iOS device, touch the Start button twice and you will see a preview of recently used applications.
- Swipe left or right to look for Netflix, and once it does, slide up to close it.
- Return to the home screen and run Netflix again.
It does not work? The next step is to restart your device to see if the problem is resolved at that time.
On occasion, you may need to restart other devices, such as Smart TV, Xbox One game consoles, PS4, etc. to solve the problem related to Netflix. Therefore, the process of restoring Netflix to other connected devices is here.
- Open the Netflix application on your device.
- Then, you must enter the code using the remote control ‘Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up’.
- When you enter the code, an option to disable Netflix will appear on the screen. Select that and then log in again.
Problem 4: Netflix 1016 error
This is another Netflix problem faced by iOS users and can occur on iPhone or Protectors. The main reason for this error is the bad Internet connection. Here is the solution to the problem.
- First, you must reset the iPhone or iPad connection, whatever you are using. Simply slide the device home screen and then touch the airplane icon. Wait 30 seconds and touch that icon again to deactivate airplane mode. Now see if the Netflix application works correctly on your iOS device.
- If the first solution did not work for you, the next step is to restart the iOS device. To restart your iOS device, press the sleep or activation button down until the red slider appears on the screen. Now drag that slider until the device is completely off. Once it is off, press the sleep button or wake up again to turn it on again.
Problem 5: Netflix 12001 error
While the error of Netflix 1016 is especially affected by iPhone or iPad users, Android users face error 12001. Therefore, if you are using an Android device, you may have faced such an error. Here is what you need to do.
The reason for the Netflix 12001 error is the outdated information on your device. Then, the solution is nothing other than deleting the data. That applies to clear the cache and data on your Android device. Here is how to do that.
- On your Android device, first, open the configuration application
- Access the Application or application administrator option.
- There you will find the Netflix application. Touch that.
- Next tap to clear cache and clear data Press OK to confirm the process.
This will erase old data from your Netflix application. Now try to use the application.
Problem 6: Suspicious login on Netflix
Regardless of the device, you are using to stream movies or music from the Netflix application, this is a problem that can annoy everyone. What happens here is that you will receive an email stating that someone has tried to log in to your Netflix account and to prevent such unauthorized access you must reset the password immediately.
When you receive this type of email, you must immediately reset the Netflix application password. Also, do not click on the link you received, go to the Netflix website and reset the password from there. Here is how to do that. The process is the same for all the devices you are using.
- Go to the Netflix.com website and log in with your access data
- Touch the ‘My account’ option, and then on ‘change password’.
- Provide the old password and then the new one in the required field.
- In case you have forgotten the password, touch the option “forgot the password” and there are options that will help you to reset the password correctly.
That’s. Your problem will be solved now.
Problem 7: too many users on Netflix
This is another problem related to Netflix that users of all devices face. It is very common to face when there is a bad connection or if you have shared the password with many other people. You will be sent a message saying ‘Your Netflix account is used on another device. Please stop playing on another device. ‘
If this is the case, then you have to wait sometime to solve the problem by yourself. It takes almost more than two hours to return to normal. However, in the meantime, you can verify who is using your Netflix account and then take a step to stop sharing the connection.
To do so, you first need to change the Netflix account password by going to the Netflix.com website. The process is mentioned above in the details. Once you have successfully changed the password, go to my account and log out of all other devices.
Problem 8: Netflix black screen problem on PC
This problem is specific to PC or computer that is facing several reasons. What happens here is that the screen of the PC or the computer turns completely black and can not do anything. Here are the solutions to this problem.
- First, visit this official website that is to clean Netflix cookies. It will automatically close the application session and delete some files from the PC. Once the cookies are deleted, open Netflix again and log in.
- If the first step does not work, close the browser completely and then try to transmit something.
- In case you are using IE or Safari, try using Chrome or Firefox to see if it works in another browser.
- The Silverlight add-on must be removed from the computer to obtain a better result.
- Also, if you are using an antivirus that is not valid, it could be a cause of this Netflix problem. So, what you should do is update the antivirus immediately.
Problem 9: Netflix problem on Apple TV
Apple TV users can face several problems related to Netflix and here is how to solve it.
- The first thing you should do is restart your Apple TV and if you can not solve the problem, go to the next method.
- The next job is to restart your router.
- If the problem is still not solved, you must log out of the application. If an error appears on the screen, simply press the play button on the remote control and choose to log out.
- In case the error is found while watching a video, press menu. And when the message “who is watching Netflix” appears on the screen, close the session. Re-login after a few seconds to see if the problem is solved.
- In case you have tried everything and still have problems with Netflix, simply update your Apple TV and probably solve the problem for you.
Problem 10: Netflix problems on PS4
Netflix PS4 users face PS4 Game Console. It can be easily fixed by reinstalling the application.
When you face a problem on your PS4, just follow the steps below to reinstall the application and your problem will be fixed.
- Go to the TV and video screen option on your PS4
- Touch the options button of your controller and then select ‘Delete’. Later OK’.
- Once you have removed it, the Netflix application will reappear on the screen. What you should do is select that and it will be downloaded again.
- Now sign in again to start the transmission on your PS4.
Problem 11: Xbox One Netflix errors
Xbox One users can also face Netflix problems on their devices, and again there are many options to get rid of the problem. Read the solutions here.
- The first and recommended is to completely turn off your Xbox One and wait at least 30 seconds before turning it on again. Sometimes, this simple step can help you solve the problem in a matter of minutes.
- The next step is to close the Netflix application session and then log back in to see what works for you. To do so, press the menu button on the controller and go to the settings, close the session.
- If the problem persists on your Xbox One, the last option is to uninstall the application from your device and then reinstall it.
These are the main and most common problems faced by Netflix users on various devices such as iPad, iPhone, Android devices, game consoles, and PCs. If you face any kind of problem during the transmission, it is always recommended to check the Internet connection first and then continue with other repair methods to solve any problem.